Sunday, December 5, 2010

Have you fogotten?


          Another game from the Play Station Network Store. This game is a whole lot different than any other game that you've played before. Flower is an interactive game wherein you use the six-axis remote control to be the wind; tilt the remote however you want and the wind will do what you do. The objective of the game is to beautify your surroundings by collecting all the petals of the  flowers that have not bloomed yet. Sounds boring? It's not actually a competitive game, the sole reason of the game is to let us players be reminded of what we have forgotten, the beauty of this world.


        Every flower has it's own story. There are 6 flowers; some flowers just want to beautify the landscape; some  flowers just want to soar up in the winds; some are lonely in an environment destroyed by humans and still tries to make the flowers live; some are in total darkness and are the "light" petals; and some are in the cities trying to make it vibrant.


        This is a very special game for me because whenever I feel that I am lonely, saddened or problematic, I just turn to this game; I can't actually explain my feelings but in a term that I can say, all my negative feelings will be gone and I'll just have a smile on my face that I can't really remove. There was one time that I really had a serious problem about school and I tried to forget about it and believe that I can really do it but I wasn't able to forget about it, after that I remembered that I had a game that could probably help me forget so I turned the game on and in a couple of minutes, I really forgot about that problem.


      Some of my friends don't actually see the good in this game, they'd just play around and make it look as if it was a racing game. That sucks for me because I wanted to really show that this game could really make you feel at ease and relaxed. No matter, at least I can see that this game could really do some good to me. Every second that I played this game all I remembered were the smiles that I had and the way I felt, relaxed.


      I hope that there would be more games like this. Games that would help people remember the things that we should have not forgotten. Flower, thanks for the experience that I would not forget. May it bring the joy to everyone the way it has brought joy to me. Thank you for the experience!

3 comments:

  1. With the way you describe this game, I think I would like it too but there's one problem... I don't have it. Don't worry, as soon as I have the opportunity (and the money) I'm sure to buy this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower, one of the most relaxing games you ever let me play. It calmed my nerves every after we play Modern Warfare 2. One of the nicest games I played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice. I miss playing games like this. I think it's like those "art games" I play at Newgrounds, games meant for meaningful thinking at relaxation. I hope you don't mind letting me play this on your PS3 the next time we go at your house. Hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Pathfinder by John Aaron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at epicmav.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://epicmav.blogspot.com/.

About Me

I'm John Aaron Go. I don't actually do much in the internet other than to socialize, to create my assignments and research about stuff, mostly academic related. I'm in 3rd year high school in SLU-LHS. I'm really easy to get along with as long as you be yourself and I just want to live my life to the fullest. I want to take every opportunity that I can grab because I believe that everything happens for a reason.