Thursday, October 7, 2010

SLU-LHS: Just a school?


People always say that our teachers are our second parents so does that mean that our school is our second home? It’s not always the case. It’s not always the case because some students don’t actually like going to their school with so many different reasons. One of which is because they don’t feel that they are welcome in the school maybe because the people there don’t want to socialize in a wide scale, they just form groups of their own. But it’s never here in our beloved school, Saint Louis High School! What makes us different from other institutions? Well, with my stay here in SLU-LHS for almost 3 years, I’ve seen a lot of ups and downs but what I really felt here is that when there are ups, students will help each other make it higher but if there are downs, everybody will help each other up. That’s the main difference between us and “them”. We treat our schoolmates as if they were our own brothers and sisters and our teachers as if they were our best of friends and as our parents. Even if that’s the case with our teachers, the idea of respect will never be gone, even with our schoolmates. We really are a family, there would be fights and tears but we cannot eradicate that. There would certainly be happiness and laughter and that I can surely say is in our school that will never be gone. The idea here is that whatever happens in our school, everyone would willingly help turn it around if it’s a problem or push it to the peak if it’s a solution. SLU-LHS is really, our Home.
               SLU-LHS is a very productive learning Institution. The school has crafted students to the best of the best and to be able to do their best in everything they do. To be able to learn from everything, one of which are their downfalls. The curriculum that we have is not always for our intellect but also for our values. It pushes our values to be formed right. As a Christian School whose moral obligations are to form its students to be a true person for everyone, it also helps the students to be a true Christian for the community. Its 4 core values: Christian Spirit, Competence, Creativity, and Social Involvement are strictly implemented. Now, I would like to personally share my experiences here in this institution for the past 9 years. Well, 9 years of staying in one school is quite long and I could confidently say all that I would want to that is related to SLU. When I was in elementary, I really did enjoy my stay with all my friends but that was about it. I didn’t really take into consideration the “educational part” of SLU. Well maybe I did but it was already in Grade 6 when my mind perceived my life in a different way. When I went to High School, there I really felt that SLU is a really good institution. I learned so much when I entered High School and I can see some of it as useful to my life in the future. Some people say “What’s the importance of what I’m studying here in school?” Yeah, I wouldn’t lie to you; I also said this but not anymore. Why? It’s because I slowly understood the goal of our school. Some of the subjects that are taught doesn’t really have much importance to us in the future but that’s not the point. The point here is that it teaches us to be patient and so much more. The institution likes us to be ready for College and for the real world. And that is the universal cause of most High School Preparatory Schools. Truly, SLU-LHS is my one and only school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Pathfinder by John Aaron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at epicmav.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://epicmav.blogspot.com/.

About Me

I'm John Aaron Go. I don't actually do much in the internet other than to socialize, to create my assignments and research about stuff, mostly academic related. I'm in 3rd year high school in SLU-LHS. I'm really easy to get along with as long as you be yourself and I just want to live my life to the fullest. I want to take every opportunity that I can grab because I believe that everything happens for a reason.